10.08.2012

AWITLOL - Day 4

Woah, almost didn't make it up today!

A note about water... I drink a lot of water. Obscene amounts. Fish-like quantities. And as much as people say "when you think you're hungry, you're probably just thirsty" they are absolutely right.

Even if you're not ready to start a major lifestyle change or if you don't need to but want to tweak a few habits for your health...


Drink
More
Water.






My travel coffee mug is by my side for 50% of the teaching day (I cut myself off at noon).






And for the other 50% of my teaching day, this cup is by my side.

This reusable cup holds 32 ounces of water, meaning that drinking just two of these equals my daily requirement. I usually shoot for three (96 ounces), just because with all of the talking and singing, I need to hydrate a little more. I didn't usually take this cup home with me over the weekend, but I've started to, so that I'm encouraged to carry this cup around the house with me and drink just as much water at home as I do at school.

BTW - the recipe that's included today is "inspired" by a popular recipe from Weight Watchers members. It is simply a cake mix combined with one can of pumpkin and 1 cup of water. I didn't want to use a packaged cake mix, though, so I did some digging on Pinterest and found a few substitutes that I worked in. Enjoy!


Sunday
Breakfast
  • Pumpkin muffin (see below)
  • Nonfat blueberry Greek yogurt

Lunch
  • Green beans, 1 1/2 cups
  • stuffing, 1/2 cup
  • chicken tenderloins pieces, 2
  • Trader Joe's pumpkin bread, baked into cake form for a birthday (Happy Birthday, Asheley!)

Dinner
  • Thin-crust pizza, cheese and tomatoes, 2 slices (or rather, squares to equal 2 slices)
  • Apple

Snacks
  • Pumpkin muffin (I had to sample them to make sure they were good before serving them!)


Pumpkin Muffins
Adapted from here and there

Ingredients
2 cups white whole wheat flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
1 1/3 cup sugar
1-15oz can canned pumpkin
1 cup water
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional - will raise the points value)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350. Place muffin liners in cups of a standard muffin tin, and spray liners with non-stick spray.

Mix together all ingredients until well-combined and mixture is mostly smooth. 

Spoon into 24 muffin tins and bake for 20-24 minutes.

Makes 24 muffins, 2 points each


No comments:

Post a Comment