3.11.2013

Mile Markers and Monkey Smoothies

I have arrived - last week at Weight Watchers, I made my goal weight! Next step: maintenance. Hmm....

What maintenance means in the WW program is that I get 4 more points per day (yes...) and I have to maintain a weight within two pounds on either side of my goal weight for six weeks.
What I'm going to do here, though, is not part of the WW program, but something that I was thinking about this evening while I was running at the gym and watching "The Biggest Loser." They were taking time to reflect on their time at the ranch and look at how far they've come. So that's what I've decided to do here. Each week for the next six weeks of maintenance, I'm going to look at different Mile Markers along my weight loss journey, different events, decisions, or turning points along the way that have some significance to where I am today with my health. (Why did I choose "Mile Markers?" Check back on Thursday:)

You might be thinking to yourself, "Okay, but where's the recipe for that awesome almond-banana-chocolate protein shake that she drank when she got home from the gym?" Recipes will come, and this isn't morphing into a weight-loss blog or post all of my inner thoughts/dreams/wishes/fears blog. There is a place for those, but this will stay about the food I eat. But the way I approach the food I eat has changed so drastically, not only in the last 33 weeks, but the last year or so as well.

So look for my first Mile Marker later this week. I hope you'll stick with me, and maybe come away with something to buoy your own pursuits as well! What are the Mile Markers on your journey, finished or not?

Oh, okay. Here's the recipe.

Its not a "points-bargain" but it is a good, filling post-workout recovery snack.

Monkey Smoothie
my very own invention!

Ingredients
3/4 cup skim milk
2 bananas, frozen (peel then freeze; won't get goopy)
1/4 cup plain fat free greek yogurt
2 Tablespoons organic or natural chocolate syrup
2 Tablespoons almond butter (I like Justin's Almond Maple Butter)

Directions
Put it all in a food processor and let 'er rip! Let it go for about 1 minute, until all banana pieces are well blended and mixture is frothy and full.

Yield: 3 servings (5 points per serving)


1 comment:

  1. I'm really excited for you...one day I will be motivated to do the same I hope:)

    ReplyDelete